Thursday, November 6, 2008

Trainer Data

I'm in the middle of doing some research on the future success of horses after they're claimed, based on the 'type' of trainer they're claimed from. I'm defining those trainer types based on their winning percentages and their average earnings per start. While I'm going to be charging for the end results of my research, I've compiled aggregate data for all trainers who were among the top 100 in the U.S. (ranked by number of wins) during any year from 2004 to 2006. If anyone is interested in a spreadsheet with this data, I'd be happy to share it for free...just send me an email or put a request with your contact information in the comments here. One interesting thing that's showing up already is that trainer winning percentage appears to be very, very consistent from year to year. I'll be discussing that in more detail once I get to do a little more analysis.

1 comment:

Steve Zorn said...

I'd love a copy of the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Steve Zorn
CVFRacing@gmail.com